Generation Unleashed Internship is a program like no other. Because of its direct connection with City Bible Church and Portland Bible College, you will be involved in serving and being mentored by pastors and leaders from one of the Northwest’s many dynamic churches. As a GU Intern you will gain ministry experience, vision and be developed into a servant leader equipped to reach your generation. The program is designed for you to be able to attend Portland Bible College and also be part of GUI. In addition to the exposure and experience in CBC’s Generation Unleashed youth ministry, you will also receive practical internship training service in CBC worship, creative arts, pastoral, missions, audio and video, admin or Children’s ministry.
Spring 2013 Applications now accepted!
We are so excited to announce registration for GU Internship for Spring of 2013 has started!
To download the GU Interns Application click belowInterns Application
To learn more about Portland Bible College click belowPortland Bible College
To get more information call the GU offices at 503-255-2224 or E-Mail Annalise Neciuk at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who We Are
- Intern Devotions: We start out each day with corporate prayer and worship. This is a time when we come together to seek God, intercede for our city, schools, and our church.
- Leadership Discussions: Every week interns get the opportunity to be apart of leadership discussions with some of our GU youth pastors. These interactive sessions are a powerful time of personal challenge and leadership growth.
- GU Services: Our interns are a huge part of all things Generation Unleashed. From set up and tear down and leading pre-service prayer, to the GU worship team and to praying for kids on our alter teams, the interns have a hand in every aspect of GU.
- Campus Outreach: As an intern, you will be apart of leading a campus club. This is a hands-on opportunity to go into schools to see God do great things.
- Serving: As an intern you will be stretched and grown in many different ministries. From working with the GU pastors, to assisting worship teams and campus pastors; from children’s ministry assistants, to learning new skills in audio/visual departments. By exposing you to so many areas of the church our hope is that you’ll find a new clarity for your own gifts and passions.
- Pastoral Encounters: One of your favorite things will quickly become the weekly meetings with world renown pastors from both CBC and around the area. You will have the opportunity each week to hear from and talk with pastors from every area of ministry. In the past we’ve had such great mentors as Judah Smith, Chad Veach, Carl Lentz, Patrick Kiteley, Frank Damazio come and speak to us.
8:30-9:00 – Pre-Service prayer
9:00-12:30 – CBC Ministry Serving
1:00-2:00 – Devotions
2:00-4:00 – Clubs
4:00-6:00 – CBC campus serving
12:30-1:30 – CCHS Chapel
1:30-2:00 – Devotions
2:00-4:00 – Clubs
4:00-10:00 – Generation Unleashed
1:00-2:00 – Devotions
2:00 -4:30 – Ministry Training
4:30-5:30 – Pastoral Encounters
Frequently Asked Questions
- How much does it cost? $500 (or just $50 a month). GU internship is the youth ministry track at Portland Bible College. As an intern you will be registered for 2 college credits, plus an additional $500 for the year.
- Do You have to go to Portland Bible College? Yes. We are a part time internship and an extension of Portland Bible College. We do not offer specialized housing. For those living outside the Portland metro area and are interested in GU Interns, you can only apply through Portland Bible College .
- Can I still have a Job? Yes. We highly recommend it! GU Intern is Tuesday-Thursday and Sunday morning. You have Monday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday night available to work.
- Is it just a youth ministry internship? No. GU interns are involved in every aspect of ministry from children’s church and worship to media and publishing. Our goal is to place you in the specialized ministry of your choice to set you up for the ultimate success.
- Is there a two year program available? Yes!
- What is the difference between 1st year and 2nd year interns? The major difference between the two years is the leadership requirements placed on you and ministry function you’ll have an opportunity to walk in.
- Can I still serve in my home church while being an intern? No. We ask that all interns serve in the different campus’ of CBC. This is a hands-on internship through City Bible Church and your connection to the leaders of CBC will be necessary.
“GU interns has been amazing for me! I know that God called me to the internship and he is teaching me things and growing and stretching me in new ways. It is absolutely amazing. I’ve been able to preach, which I never thought I’d be doing! Co-leading worship, discipling, shadowing pastors and it has been so insightful, God is developing new gifs in my I never thought was possible. It is stretching to me. It was a lot of time and energy to deviate to something. It’s all part of following my calling! God is keeping me in check and couldn’t be happier!” -Andrea Jones 2011 intern
“The internship has really given me a chance to expand my walk with God. I’ve learned what it is to love by serving the church and the youth. I wouldn’t trade this experience for anything.” – Chase Alward
“Interns stretched me in my walk with God immensely. It gave me a deeper desire for prayer and the word of God. Watching the effect it had on my life is so encouraging and has caused a deeper, more intimate relationship with Jesus” – Princess Gherman